Searching for the best ways to make yourself happy, welcome on board. What is happiness? “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” If you want to make yourself happy and be happier in your life, begin by being good to yourself. Love yourself. Make sure whatever you decide in life makes you happy. Try to make yourself happy by chasing higher goals. Find ways to be happy and hold yourself to a greater standard of perfection so that people around you feels the happiness in you. We all want to find happiness, but with so many of us feeling overworked, over stressed, and overwhelmed, it’s easier said than done. However, happiness should not be a means or an end or a goal of any kind. If you can not be happy or wake up happiness in a happy house, perhaps you haven’t struggled enough, that’s just the common psychology of happiness. Who said lasting happiness was easy? And who said you can’t buy much happiness? You really can’t find it in material things but then, it also depends, because in today’s material world where money rules, happiness could be found in a wealthy environment. In today’s world, money buys you everything you need in life, including happiness.
In today’s world, if you don’t have money, nobody comes near you, and no body wants to be associated with you even your close relatives stays afar from you. If you are wondering where your happiness comes from, there has to be something about you that brings happiness out of yourself in particular, and out of the world in general. Have you being happy with yourself? How do you know when your happy? Some people shed tears of joy, others just cry out and hard souls simply laugh. Happiness will begin to trickle into your life in little drops, till your eyes are just beaming with it, and goodness will follow you where ever you go. When you discover how to make yourself happy, everything around you seems happy too. When you develop a habit of been happy for no reason, you will see your adversaries jealous of you. If you are not happy with yourself, try to develop a habit of being happy in life and happiness from the inside out so that whatever happens in your life, you would always be happy no matter what. If you want to be happier, just add pleasure or meaning to your life. As they say “You look the best when you wear your smile”. Here are 27 best ways plus 40 bonus happiness tips to make yourself happy.
HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY
1. Avoid Useless People.
To make yourself happy everyday, do away with people who are not motivating you to be successful. Drop all useless friends in your life and workplace and find new ones who are more inspirational.
2. Set Tangible Goals.
Aim to the stars. Push yourself to highest limits. Try to achieve impossible things by Setting goals and and doing whatever it takes to meet them. The happiest moment in ones life is when you set high goals and eventually meet them.
READ MORE – How to be happier
3. Treat Yourself.
Get used to treating yourself to nice restaurants, go to nice clubs and have expensive drinks, buy yourself nice shoes, suits. You have to ask yourself – why am I always making others happy, and not my self?. Forget others for a while and treat yourself, make yourself happy.
4. Try to Be Successful.
To really make yourself happy, do whatever it takes to be who you want to be in life. Most people fall off along the line and never reach their target, while others stick to plans, climb up the ladder and be who they want to be. If you really want to make yourself happy, stick to your dreams and aspirations.
READ MORE – Being good to yourself
5. Listen to Yourself. One of the main reasons why most people fail is because they always go against their instincts. Your inner self always tells your the best thing to do. It’s a default memory you are born with, and don’t disregard it. Therefore, if you want to make yourself really happy, always listen to yourself and follow your instinct.
6. Learn New Idea Every Day.
Don’t stick with all those old ways of doing things. Commit yourself to learning new things. To be happy, make sure you learn atleast one new idea everyday.
SEE ALSO – How To be Happy
7. Stay Healthy.
Treat yourself to healthy foods, visit the gym as often as you can, but if you have no time for gym, try yoga or exercise videos in your home. It makes you extremely happy to learn that your health is in perfect condition.
8. Think Positively.
You must have to think positively in life if you want to stay happy. Being positive about things helps you to achieve some of your objectives in life, hence makes you happy.
9. Forgive Yourself.
Sometimes harsh realities in life pushes you to do extreme things that you tend to regret later on. Some people are really irresponsible and careless and their actions can sometimes lead you to take more drastic actions or became too harsh to other. To make yourself happy, you must learn to forgive yourself for reacting the way you do or for treating people harshly. It’s not your fault at the place, its a reaction caused by other peoples actions.
10. Deep Breathe.
Hectic schedules and heavy work load can cause you a lot of stress. All you have to do is to pause, do some five seconds body and hands exercise, take a deep breath and you would be just fine. Find a way of making yourself happy and healthy with those five seconds exercises you see on TV everyday. They are very helpful whenever you are stressed.
READ MORE – Great Ways to Be Happier
11. Accept Yourself as You Are.
One of the best ways of making yourself happy is to accept who you are. However, if you don’t accept, what are you going to do? You cannot change the way you are created no matter how the doctors worked on your body. Therefore, to make yourself happy, simply accept yourself as you are and don’t try to copy others.
12. Get Quality Items for Yourself.
You have spent all your life buying expensive and quality items for others. It’s time to buy for yourself and make yourself happy. Treat yourself with quality products.
READ MORE – Becoming a Happier Person
13. Appreciate Things.
Learn to show appreciation for every little thing. It makes you feel good when you show appreciation for any small help from other people. Learn to say “Thanks” for any kind of help no matter how small. It makes the person feel good and ready to help you again and most of all, it gives you internal happiness.
14. Don’t Skip Meals.
Eat healthy, do a few minutes exercise and make yourself happy. Some believe skipping meals make you lose weight. I don’t think so. You can lose great amount of weight by simply eating small amount of your normal meal and do a few minutes exercise in your home 30 minutes to one hour before going to bed. Don’t skip meal, just eat small of any food and get used to small exercise routine and your done.
READ MORE – How Can You Be Happy
15. Find Meaning.
Getting to know yourself and why things happens the way they are gives you sense of self awareness and makes you happy to know that you are in control of yourself.
One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to find time to relax after the days hustles. Relaxing your body after work gives you a happy mind.
SEE ALSO – Simple Ways to Be Happy
17. Get Good Friends.
If you want to give yourself everlasting happiness, go with people who make you feel good about yourself and appreciates whatever you do or say. Only spend your precious time with people who makes you feel like a great person with great quality.
18. Do Things You Love.
Make yourself happy by doing what you love best. Study has shown that one of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make sure you make out time to do what you love, whatever it may be.
READ MORE – Habits to Help You Live a Happier Life
19. Enjoy Some Fresh Air.
If you are secluded in an environment where you sit and work inside a building without fresh air, it’s not healthy. Get outside sometimes and enjoy some sunlight. It makes you feel good and refreshed.
20. Appreciate What You Have.
Learn to be grateful for what you have no matter how small. It gives you spacial happiness when you praise yourself and appreciates your effort and achievements.
21. Deal With Stress.
To be able to make yourself happy when stressed, you have to deal with the stressful situations first and foremost. Settle family and relationship issues, work related issues and anything that makes you nervous. Deal with them one after another.
22. Connect With Others.
If you want to create everlasting happiness for yourself, find a way to connect properly with responsible people. Connect with people you can trust and count on and call upon anytime for help.
READ MORE – How to be Happier
23. Get Some Perspective.
Another positive way of making yourself happy is to take a step back from your situation and count what has changed. Take one step back and look at your present situation from the outside and evaluate yourself.
24. Tackle Your Problems.
One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to face your troubles head on. Stop pretending that every thing is under control when they are not. You feel good when you know that some issues troubling you for years might be over soon.
READ MORE – Scientifically Proven Ways to Feel Good
25. Live in the Present.
If you really want to make yourself happy in this modern world, live in the present. Don’t dwell on the past mourning over harsh realities of life. Jump up from that seat and live in the present.
26. Make Others Happy.
Did you know that when you make other people happy, you are actually making yourself more happy. Learn to make people happy in any way you can, it leaves a lasting legacy and keeps you smiling anytime you remember those people.
SEE ALSO – Proven Ways to Be Incredibly Happy
27, Give Life Everything You’ve Got.
Even when people spit on your ambitions, keep moving, never give up and most of all make your life have meaning and give yourself reason to feel good about yourself by your integrity and good will.
READ MORE – How to Be Happy: The Complete Guide
BONUS HAPPINESS TIPS:
Here are some bonus facts about happiness that will inspire you to reach your most impossible goals in life.
1. Learn to brighten up your day and move your mindset in a positive direction.
2. Smile whenever you get a chance. Not because life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated, but because you choose to be happy and grateful for all the good things you do have and all the problems you know you don’t have.
3. Never let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
4. Tell the negativity committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut the hell up.
5. A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
6. In a world where you can be anything you want, BE YOURSELF.
7. The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.
8. It’s important to make someone happy, and it’s more important to start with yourself.
9. Life is not about making others happy. It’s about sharing your happiness with others.
10. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future, it is something you design into the present.
11. If you settle for just anything, you’ll never know what you’re truly worthy of.
12. Sometimes life gives you two options: losing yourself or losing someone else. Regardless of the situation, don’t lose yourself.
13. If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, you do have a pretty big problem.
14. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
15. Don’t worry too much about people who don’t worry about you.
16. Know your worth! When you give yourself to someone who doesn’t respect you, you surrender pieces of your soul that you’ll never get back.
17. Sometimes you’ve got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pains they bring you, and open the next chapter in your life.
18. If you want to get over a problem, stop mulling it over and talking about it. Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind.
19. If it is detrimental to you emotionally, physically and spiritually, what choice do you have but to let go and flourish with self-respect.
20. Saying goodbye is one of the most painful ways to solve a problem. But sometimes it’s necessary.
21. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
22. Stop looking at what you have lost, so you can see what you have.
23. Someone else is very happy with far less than what you have.
24. Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems.
25. Sometimes people throw away something good for something better, only to find out later that good was actually good enough and better never even came close.
26. In life, you get what you put in. Everything comes back around.
27. You can never change the past nor control the future, but you can change the mood of the day by touching someone’s heart with your smile.
28. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
29. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
30. It’s nice to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s also important to make sure you haven’t lost track of the things that money can’t buy.
31. You don’t need a lot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold.
32. You will never fully believe in yourself if you keep comparing yourself to everyone else. Instead, compare yourself to who you were yesterday.
33. You won’t always be punished FOR your anger, but you will always be punished BY your anger.
34. Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust what you feel.
35. One of the greatest freedoms is truly not caring what everyone else thinks of you.
36. As long as you are worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself.
37. Don’t let anyone walk through your mind with their dirty feet.
38. It hurts the most when you start pretending it doesn’t.
39. You are responsible for how you feel no matter what someone does to you. Remember, you are always in control of your thoughts so choose to feel confident and adequate rather than angry and insecure.
40. Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words and actions is as important as being kind to others.
Hope you enjoyed reading about great ways to make yourself happy, how to find happiness, being happy with yourself, being happy in life, and bonus happiness tips designed to inspire you to reach your most impossible goals in life. You are free to share your ideas and suggestions so others can learn from your experience. Be kind to others.